Air conditioning preventive maintenance when regularly conducted is a great way to help ensure the efficiency and longevity of your systems. As with most mechanical devices, there is maintenance you can do yourself and some that will require a professional air conditioning engineer to complete.
Over the years, the team here at Cooling Energy Services have helped many individuals to avoid costly issues by sharing their best tips and tricks on how to maintain the air conditioning units at their home or work.
Below are a selection of some of easiest and effective types of air conditioning preventive maintenance you can do.
What Air Conditioning Preventive Maintenance we would recommend:
- Keep the unit clean and clear of debris – Once a month, we recommend clearing debris such as leaves, pollen and twigs from the fan. A kitchen antiseptic spray tends to work well, just ensure to rinse with warm water and wait for it to dry before switching back on.
- Do an air flow check on both indoor and outdoor units – Make sure to keep around 2 feet of space clear around the units, as any obstacles in front of the units will likely diminish the air flow. If the air flow is still poor, you may have a failing fan motor or a blocked coil. This means it’s time to call for a professional checkup!
- Keep lamps or other heat producing products away – These may interfere with the thermostat and cause the system to work longer and harder than it may need to.
- Keep blinds and curtains closed – During the day keep curtains closed where possible to keep in or keep out heat, this will help you to use the air conditioning system more efficiently.
- Look out for rust – If you spot any rust on your unit, please call a professional for advice. Our expert engineers will be able to organise a check-up and provide a suitable solution for you.
When to hire a professional for Air conditioning maintenance:
When your air conditioner needs more than simple, routine maintenance, we recommend hiring an experienced engineer. With over 30 years experience, our team can provide expert advice on how best to resolve any issues and recommend suitable replacements. Our engineers can help you with any leaks, to optimise airflow, ensure the accuracy of the thermostat is correct, inspect electric terminals, clean and tighten connections and much more!
Organising an air conditioning maintenance package
At Cooling Energy Services, we provide individuals and businesses with cost-effective air conditioning maintenance packages that can be organised on a one-of or recurring basis. We can provide a bespoke package to suit you, which will ultimately help to eliminate any inconvenient downtime of your systems.
Get in touch
If you have noticed any differences in the running of your air conditioning systems, have any questions or would like to organise regular maintenance with us, please do not hesitate to get in touch. Call us on 01202 937 550 or email us on email@example.com. The areas we regularly offer our services include Southampton, Bournemouth, Poole and Ringwood.