Neglecting necessary air conditioning maintenance may result in your AC units underperforming, using increased energy and in turn, costing you more money to operate.
To help avoid inefficiencies and issues, our expert air conditioning engineers would recommend you complete the following maintenance tasks on your AC system.
Weekly air conditioning maintenance tasks you can do yourself:
- Give your front air vents a wipe using warm water and soap to keep the air vents clear of dirt. Regularly doing this will help reduce any build up which may be more difficult to remove.
- Keep the outside areas around your units clear of debris such as leaves, garbage, and mud.
Read our article on air conditioning preventive maintenance you can do yourself >>
Monthly air conditioning maintenance tasks:
- Keep an eye out for rust within the system – this can indicate excess water and/or elements that need replacing. It’s difficult to manage water/rainfall in certain environments, but there are certainly ways you can reduce the damage. Talk to our experts for more solutions >>
- Record the temperature and pressures of your units on a monthly basis to ensure these are level and remain consistent. Over time this test will allow you to be able to notice when something is potentially off with the unit and may need professional attention.
- Check the air filter for dirt, breakages, and deterioration. Please bear in mind in most air conditioning units this tends to need replacing on an annual basis due to its importance in the unit’s operation and output.
- Check and calibrate the thermostat to ensure it’s recording correctly.
- On an ad-hoc basis, we recommend keeping other heat-producing appliances away from indoor units, as this can interfere with the thermostat and make your systems work harder.
If you experience any issues, we offer a 24/7 callout service so we can get your air conditioning backup and running as soon as possible.
As the tasks become more difficult and complex, you are likely to require expert assistance and service. We would highlight the below annual tasks as ones a professional air conditioning engineers should perform.
Annual air conditioning maintenance checks:
- Check the unit’s electrical wiring to ensure it is safe to use – If you are an employer, self-employed or a landlord, this is inline with the electrical safety regulations which ensure appropriate maintenance and care is taken with electrical appliances.
- Clean and inspect the motors – dirty motors are less efficient and are likely to fail sooner. Also, check the motor lubrication which helps the motor to run smoothly.
- Check the condenser coil and clean as required. Over their months and years of service, the coils collect dirt; this reduces the airflow and insulates the coil, which reduces its ability to absorb heat.
- Inspect and adjust the belts and pulleys as they often become loose, crack or can break with age. Loose belts can decrease the airflow of your air conditioning systems and shorten the compressor’s life.
- Condensate the drains as clogged drain channels prevent a unit from reducing humidity, this can result in excess moisture which may discolor walls or carpet.
- Use a leak detector device to test for any leaks from the refrigerant and make sure any evacuated refrigerant from the system is captured and not illegally released to the atmosphere.
Full air conditioning maintenance package
At Cooling Energy Services, we understand that the above checks and tasks can be hard to keep on top and as result, we offer a range of affordable air conditioning maintenance packages for individuals, businesses, and contractors.
Our experienced engineers have worked with air conditioning systems of all types – the good, the bad and the ugly! We always provide the correct level of maintenance to suit your installed systems, this ensures you get the best out of your AC system without paying excessive, often over inflated maintenance charges.
Contact us about our air conditioning packages
Get in touch with us for more information about our air conditioning packages. The areas we regularly offer our services include Southampton, Bournemouth, Poole, and Ringwood. Call us on 01202 937 550 or email us on email@example.com.
If you require any repairs on your air conditioning system, our team can help! Learn more here >>